Established in 1985 as the working group on Office Automation, known until 2009 as the working group on Small Systems Security, we have refocussed ourselves as the working group on Pervasive Systems Security.
Aims and scope
The new aims and the scope of the working group are briefly summarised as follows:
- To investigate methods and issues in the area of information security, particularly related to pervasive systems; and to advance knowledge and awareness of the subject through publications, conferences and other means. The aim is to address pervasive systems security (including privacy) from both a functional, technical, and societal perspective.
- To foster public debate on the societal and policy issues surrounding the security and privacy of pervasive systems.
For more information, including activities, members and membership rules, check out our factsheet.
The working group co-organises the WISTP International Conference on Information Security Theory and Practice Series.
The working group organises seminar each year, often in collocation with supporrted event.
The working group has supported MSPN 2015 and 2016.
IFIP WG 11.2 News!
- 20 May. 2016: WG11.2 co-organizes a seminar in Paris in conjunction of MSPN 2016. June 2, 2016.
- 15 Jan. 2016: WG11.2 co-organizes the http://wistp2015.wistp.org/10th WISTP International Conference on Information Security Theory and Practice (WISTP'2016), September 26-27, 2016, Heraklion, Greece.
- 27 Feb. 2015: WG11.2 co-organizes the 9th WISTP International Conference on Information Security Theory and Practice (WISTP'2015), August 24-25, 2015, Heraklion, Greece.
- 26 Feb. 2015: WG11.2 co-organizes a seminar in Paris in conjunction of MSPN 2015. June 16, 2015.
- 7 Jan. 2014: WG11.2 co-organizes the 8th Workshop in Information Security Theory and Practice, WISTP 2014 "Securing Internet of Things", June 30 - July 2, 2014, Heraklion, Greece.
- 25 Jul. 2013: WG11.2 supports the Dagstugl Seminar 13312: "My Life, Shared - Trust and Privacy in the Age of Ubiquitous Experience Sharing", which takes place July 28 to August 2, 2013.